Bulk waste collection
Bulk waste is defined as non-industrial waste that, because of its size, volume or weight, cannot be accepted in regular household or residual waste collections.
4 times a year.
2024: January 12th, May 10th, July 12th and September 13th
When you wish to eliminate bulk items that can be reused, consider the following ” payback” option by contacting an organization that helps people in need by supplying used goods at a reduced price.
Directory of Community and Social Organizations
Instead of sending your old mattress to a landfill, think of recycling it! https://www.recyc-matelas.com/en/
Bulk items that cannot be reused or recycled take the path of elimination.
What materials are accepted?
- Appliances of all sizes
- Baths, toilets, sinks
- Cabinets, bookcases, desks, tables, chairs
- Doors, windows
- Large cardboard boxes
What materials are declined?
- Asphalt, brick, cement, gravel, stone, sand, peat, asphalt shingles
- Garbage and dead animals
- Mechanical parts, equipment or carcasses of vehicle or tires
- Hazardous waste (paint, chemical, toxic or explosive products), garden waste, construction waste
- Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, propane tanks
- TV’s and screens
- Any items that can be recycled or routed for reuse such as books, clothing, small furniture, electronics and computers.
- Construction residue resulting from major construction work is refused. However, small building materials (from minor renovations) are accepted if there are no safety issues (nails, glass, contaminations, etc.).